If you are searching for an effective method to fix the Error 0x0 0x0 on Windows, then this article is especially for you. Error 0x0 0x0 is one of the most common errors of Windows and can result due to several reasons. Therefore, there is not only a single method to fix this error. The fixing process will be different for different causes of the error. And to help you in the same, we are here with this article, ‘How to Fix 0x0 0x0 Error code on Windows.' In this article, you will learn about different causes of the 0x0 0x0 Error code, methods to fix the 0x0 0x0 error on Windows PC, and more.
What is Error 0x0 0x0?
Before all, let's first learn what Error 0x0 0x0 actually is? Before performing any error fixing procedure, you must know about the error first. Error 0x0 0x0 is one of the most common errors faced by Windows users worldwide. The error occurs when something is damaged, malfunctioning, or not working correctly on your system. This error informs the user that something is malfunctioning or not working properly, and other information like what is causing the error, and more—this error occurs due to several reasons that are listed below. As the reasons are different so, the methods will also be different for different causes, all you will learn in this article.
Cause of Error 0x0 0x0
There can be several reasons behind the occurrence of Error 0x0 0x0. And before moving to the methods to fix the 0x0 0x0 Error code on Windows, you first need to figure out the cause of the error. It will help you to fix the error with a suitable method. Read the causes given below and identify the cause of error 0x0 0x0 on your Windows computer.
- One of the most common causes of the error 0x0 0x0 is improper installation or uninstallation of the software.
- Windows users can also face the error 0x0 0x0 because of the invalid or wrong entries made in the registry file of Windows.
- Sometimes, the lack of free space on your system can also cause the error.
- The improper shutdown is also one of the prominent causes of the error 0x0 0x0 on Windows. You may encounter the error when your system gets shut down improperly.
- Virus or malware attacks can also cause the 0x0 0x0 error on windows.
Interesting Read – 444 Angel Number Meaning
How to Fix 0x0 0x0 Error?
Now, if you have figured out the cause of the error 0x0 0x0 on your Windows PC, then you can proceed to the fixing method of the error. Just like there are so many causes that can result in the error, the ways to fix the error for different reasons are also different. We have listed several methods to fix the 0x0 0x0 error code below. You can apply the method according to the cause that is resulting in the error on your system. All the ways given below are easy to perform; all you need to do is to follow the step-wise instructions to fix the Error 0x0 0x0.
Method 1: Update Antivirus Software and Windows version
The very first method you should try to fix the 0x0 0x0 error code is updating your Windows version and Antivirus Software. It is essential because Virus Infection can also cause the 0x0 0x0 error. Therefore, take a full scan of your system and check whether you have everything up to date or not. If not, then update it, and it can resolve the issue of error 0x0 0x0.
Method 2: Run Disc Cleanup
If the first method did not resolve the issue of 0x0 0x0 error, then you can try this method. The error 0x0 0x0 can also occur due to the lack of free space on your system. You can perform a Disk Cleanup, and this can fix the error.
- Before running Disk Cleanup, make a backup of your essential data and clean up the hard disk.
- Also, clear the cache files from your Computer.
- Once done, Restart your Computer.
- You can also open the Explorer window and right-click on your main directory. (Usually, it is C Drive)
- Now, click on Properties and then click on the Disk Cleanup option.
Method 3: Reinstall Graphics Driver
As mentioned earlier that the error can occur due to several reasons, and a bad graphics driver can also be the major reason behind the occurrence of the error. So, it would help if you always kept your graphics driver up to date. So, to fix the error 0x0 0x0 on windows, if it is occurring because of a bad graphics driver, you can follow the steps given below.
- First of all, Open the Device Manager on your system.
- Once done, then find the Graphics Driver.
- Now, Right-click on the Video Card Driver and click on the Uninstall option.
- After that, Restart your Computer, and you are all done. This may resolve the error issue.
Method 4: Close Conflicting Programs
If you are still facing the same error, then consider trying this method. Conflicting Programs can also be the major reason behind the occurrence of the 0x0 0x0 error. If Conflicting Programs are causing the error, then to fix the 0x0 0x0 error code, you can do the following.
- First of all, Open the Task Manager of your system. You can open it by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del buttons altogether.
- Now, you will see the list of programs that are currently running on your system.
- After that, Go to the Processes Tab and start stopping the programs one by one. To do the same, highlight a program and click on the End Process button.
- Along with stopping the programs, you will have to find out the program which is causing the error. For that, observe stopping which program process is causing the error.
- Once you find the program, troubleshoot the issue by reinstalling the application which is causing the error 0x0 0x0.
Method 5: Re-install Runtime Libraries
The error can also occur if Runtime Libraries are not correctly installed. If your MS Visual C++ package is not installed correctly, you can face the error 0x0 0x0 on a Windows computer. To fix the 0x0 0x0 error, you can follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, go to the Programs and Features.
- Then Highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package from there.
- Once done, then click on the Uninstall option. You can find the option at the top of the list.
- Once done, restart your system.
- After your Computer gets restarted, you have to download and install the latest redistributable package from Microsoft.
You may Like – 333 Angel Number Meaning
Method 6: Use Reimage Plus
If all the five methods given above are not working for you, then you can try the easiest and the most effective method, which is using a software called Reimage Plus. To use this software, you don't have to be a techy person; all you need to do is to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, you need to download and install the Reimage Plus Software on your Computer.
- Once the software is successfully installed on your device, Launch it.
- The software will now scan your entire system and find the damaged or corrupted components of your system.
- The tool will detect the error occurring component. Whether it is a driver, startup items, registry items, or anything, the tool will scan and find it out for you.
- Once the scanning process is done, click on Fix All. The tool will now troubleshoot all the issues and fix the error 0x0 0x0 in your Windows.
- After the tool has completed all the processes, it will automatically restart your system. And with this, the 0x0 0x0 error on your Windows PC will get resolved.
If none of the above-given methods are working for you, you should seek the help of an expert. Leave your system as it is, and do not mess up things by applying more methods. Seek help from technical experts, and they will figure out the issue and fix the 0x0 0x0 error on your Windows PC.
Method #7. Run A Complete Malware Scan of Your Device
If you are not able to fix this issue by following the methods mentioned above, then you can do a complete scan of your system. Sometimes because of a virus or malware, the users get this error. These harmful files run in the background so you might not be able to see them in the Task Manager app. Using a security program will help you in identifying the threats and removing them from the core. You can do this either by using the in-built Windows Defender security program or by using a third-party tool to do that. Below we have mentioned some of the best third-party security software for Windows that you can use to do a complete scan of your system.
Malwarebytes – https://www.malwarebytes.com/
Emsisoft Anti-Malware – https://www.emsisoft.com/
Avast Malware Removal – https://www.avast.com/
Kaspersky Anti-Virus – https://www.kaspersky.com/
Bitdefender Antivirus – https://www.bitdefender.com/
Method #8. Do A Windows Restore To Roll-Back Changes
Windows Restore is an amazing feature that helps users in rolling back the changes made to the device. If you have enabled this feature before, then you can take advantage of it to move back the status of your Windows to an older date. If you have started getting 0x0 errors recently, then you can roll back changes by doing a system restore. This method works on all Windows versions like Windows 7, 8, 10, and Windows 11 too. Below we have shared the steps to do that easily.
NOTE: Don't worry about the personal files and folders while doing Windows Restore. The entire system will move back to the previous date but all personal files will remain intact. Only the installed applications, programs, and Windows settings will revert back to the time.
Click on the Start Button and type “System Restore” (without quotes).
You can also open the Control Panel app and navigate to System and Security to use this option.
Click on the System Restore option.
You might be asked for the password of your device.
Enter the password and click on Start.
Now, follow the instructions of the wizard to do a system restore.
What is the meaning of the Error 0x0 0x0?
When software isn't correctly installed or uninstalled, then the system displays a 0x0 error code. Incorrect entries in the system registry files also bring up this issue.
How do I fix the 0x0 error?
There are many ways by which you can fix the error. The popular method is to Download the PC Repair application. See more information about Outbyte; uninstall instructions. Click the Scan button to detect issues and abnormalities. Click the Repair All button that will fix the issues.
What is 0x0 0x0?
The 0x0 0x0 error code refers to the failure in Windows system elements caused by faulty software or other factors. Usually, this issue occurs due to the improper system shutdown.
What are the major CAUSES OF ERROR 0X0 0x0?
One of the prime causes is the Missing driver. The unavailability of proper drivers needs to get fixed to avoid the recurrence of these errors.
So, this was the article, ‘How to fix 0x0 0x0 error code on Windows.' I hope this article will help you to fix the error on your PC. To make fixing the error easy for you, we have included all the information about the Error 0x0 0x0, along with its causes and fixing methods. You will learn the causes of the error. There are so many causes of the error, and all the causes require different methods to fix the error. Above, we have listed the most common reasons that can result in the error. And we have also provided the step-wise instructions guide to fix the Error 0x0 0x0 on the Windows system.