The American Influencer Awards, which recognize social media influencers in the fields of beauty, fashion, fitness, and lifestyle, are back for 2022.
The American Influencer Association, which was established in 2016, was created to offer a network and recognition program for existing and up-and-coming social media influencers. That honor program, which was created only for beauty categories, evolved into the American Influencer Awards, who held their debut ceremony in 2017. The American Influencer Association expanded its reach and continued its purpose of rewarding those who utilize their platforms to positively touch our lives in 2019 by partnering with the USA TODAY NETWORK, one of the top five news organizations in the nation.
The American Influencer Awards extended to include fashion, fitness, and lifestyle categories in 2021 after finding success with the beauty categories, extending its aim. A public nomination and vote method is used to choose nominees, and the results are then reviewed by an advisory committee.
There is also another field for influencer awards; Overall Categories where podcaster of the year's nominees and the content creator of the year's nominees are under Overall Categories.
2021 Top Talent Influencer Awards and Best social Media Influencers
The inaugural AIA Advisory Board, which is made up of industry leaders in beauty, fashion, fitness, and lifestyle, worked with the public voting process and the American Influencer Awards to choose the best influencers and content creators in 57 distinct categories in 2021. Host in the event was Andy Cohen.
The winners of the 2021 American Influencer Awards are:
- The year's top celebrity stylist is Monica Rose, @monicarosestyle.
- Drag Influencer of the Year: @TrixieMattel's Brian Michael Firkus
- Juliette Porter, @julietteporter, was named the Year's Most Promising Fashion Influencer.
- Johanna Devries, @growwithjo, was named the 2017 Emerging Female Fitness Influencer.
- Garrett Miller, @GBaby00, is the 2017 Emerging Male Fitness Influencer.
- Melissa Alcantara, @Fitgurlmel, was named the year's top celebrity fitness instructor.
- Maria Gloria, @mariaagloriaa, was named the 2017 Emerging Lifestyle Influencer of the Year.
- Alia Shelesh, @sssniperwolf, was named the year's top gaming influencer.
- Influencer of the Year for Product Reviews is Manny Gutierrez, @MannyMUA733.
- Hyram Yarbro, @skincarebyhyram, was named the year's top skincare influencer.
- Nikki Nelms, @nikkinelms, was named the Year's Top Textured Hair Influencer.
- Luis Alejandro, @luisalejandrobeauty, was named the Best Emerging Makeup Artist of the Year.
- Alex Costa, @AlexCosta, is the year's top fashion influencer.
- Chloe Ting, @Chloe T, was named the female fitness influencer of the year. Sam Asghari, @SamAsghari, was named the male fitness influencer of the year.
- Louie Castro, @louiecastro, was named the year's top lifestyle influencer.
- The year's top hair influencer is Brad Mondo, @bradmondonyc
- Angelica Torres, @candylover89, was named the year's top makeup influencer.
- Kaitlyn Bristowe, @kaitlynbristowe, was named the year's top podcaster.
- Bretman Sacayanan, @bretmanrock, was named the year's top content creator.
Must Read – snapchat pick a number freaky question game
The American Influencer Awards honor talented producers who offer their personality, skills, and expertise with their social media networks in more than 50 different categories, celebrating the influencer community. Award recipients are chosen in conjunction with the inaugural AIA Advisory Board through a public voting procedure. The industry experts who make up the Advisory Board protect the integrity and authenticity of the assessment process, make sure that award recipients aren't chosen only on the basis of popularity, uphold the category pillars, and place a high priority on diversity and inclusion among nominees.
Executives from the beauty, fashion, fitness, and lifestyle industries make up this year's advisory board:
- Nicole Adriance is Reebok's director of US marketing.
- TV and radio personality Rafael Bello
- Executive vice president and Viacom's head of communications, Liza Burnett Fefferman
- Group CBS MTV Entertainment
- Senior reporter Oli Coleman works for The New York Post/Page Six.
- EXTRA's Senior Producer, Yvette Corporon
- Who What Wear's editorial director, Lauren Eggertsen
- Senior Vice President of Visa Inc. and Director of North American Marketing, Mary Ann Reilly
- Comedian and creator of Random Acts of Kindness Everywhere, Ricky Smith (RAKE)
- Katie Welch, Rare Beauty's chief marketing officer
- SHADOW's principal, Brad Zeifman
ABOUT THE AMERICAN INFLUENCER ASSOCIATION
The American Influencer Association, based in Los Angeles, was founded in 2017 to foster community and recognition within the social media influencer sector. The American Influencer Association is a pioneer in finding, recognizing, and rewarding the best social media contributors. Its goal is to uplift and authenticate the influencer community while spreading positivism.
ABOUT USA TODAY NETWORK VENTURES
Gannett Co, Inc. (GCI) subsidiary USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures develops memorable consumer engagements and experiences through top-tier events, contests, competitions, and technology. By utilizing our prestigious institutions, which include USA TODAY and more than 250 local media brands, we want to go above and beyond expectations, create priceless experiences, and generate value for our partners. The events and campaigns we create foster a sense of community pride and link regional and national businesses with enthusiastic audiences. From coast to coast, we provide results as an industry leader.
ABOUT MICA BEAUTY COSMETICS
The goal of Southern California-based Mica Beauty is to develop an affordable beauty line that meets the highest levels of professional quality. Our product line includes foundation, skincare, makeup, and tools, covering the complete spectrum of the beauty industry. At Mica Beauty, we exclusively purchase materials from trustworthy vendors that are clean, non-toxic, and devoid of harsh chemicals. We set out to transform the market using our team and technology while adhering to our basic principle of appreciating everyone's unique brand of beauty.
The Influence Agency's website will take nominations from users between September 7 and September 19, 2022. A group of judges from various industries will then select the top 10 nominees for each category. Leaders of some of the biggest companies and agencies will be on the panel, including Toni Rufo of Blue Ant Plus, Bryan Kingston of Hasbro, Raenah Hawkins of Iovate, Melissa Ahlstrand of NBC Universal, Stephanie Joseph-Flatts of RBC, and Laura Silver of Blue Door Agency. Following the publication of category nominees, voting will open on Monday, October 17, 2022, and the public will select the second official winners of The Influence Awards in the winter of 2022.