Is team management that crucial for increased productivity? Definitely, team management is directly proportional to business productivity. The more collaboration among the team workers, the more productive business outcomes will be. Team management and collaboration is crucial for seamless workflow.
Specially managing remote workforce is challenging. In order to overcome these challenges, a robust team management platform should be there to ensure team management. In this article the trendiest team management software are being explored.
What is Team Management?
Team management involves:
- Planning and scheduling business operations/projects
- Assigning tasks
- Organising workforce
- Monitoring/tracking progress and performance of employees
- Generating reports
- Collaborating with each other to enhance productivity
- Providing/receiving feedback through discussions.
It is not necessary that team management software should address all above mentioned processes, so choose software wisely according to your team requirements.
Team Management Software
There are myriads of team management software that will make your teams organised.
Apart from having a team management software, a firm can also choose an effective idea management software for the task of gathering new innovative ideas for the team, so that the professionals can work in an organized manner, without any bottlenecks or operational hurdles.
Below are some of the top trending and most recommended team management software.
- Microsoft Teams
Let’s discuss in detail:
Slack is a real time app known for team communication and collaboration. It is compatible with both mobile and desktop. With Slack, you can send direct messages, share files, send notes, videos, photos, feedback, audio messages and discuss your projects effectively.
Key Features of Slack
- Offers team communication and chat through multiple channels such as instant messaging, voice/video calling
- Provides pin message option for easy access for up to 100 files or messages
- Real-time communication and collaboration app for team discussions and project plannings
- Slack provides security features such as two-factor authentication, SAML-based single sign-on, OAuth with Google
- With the premium plans, you will get unlimited message history and integrations with other apps
- Slack provides you a platform for secure collaboration across teams
- The plus plan gives you 99.99%uptime
- With Enterprise Grid, package and pricing can be customised. At this level, you have access to features like unlimited workspaces, support data loss prevention, and HIPAA-compliant message and file locations to protect your and your client’s privacy.
- Integrate with Google Drive, Office 365, Box or Dropbox to share files
- Offers file storage from 5GB to 1TB/team member
- Develops private and public channels
- Highlight words to be notified as they appear in conversations
- Drag-and-drop PDFs, images, videos and other files directly into Slack
- Slack offers many shortcuts and hacks to increase productivity without lowering quality or keeping anyone out of the loop
- Use @everyone tag to send a message to the entire team
- HD quality for a chat, audio, and video calls
- ‘Remind’ command allows you to send out reminders to your team members
- Use Slack bots
- Create, customize and hide channels
- Get alerts for tasks and project creation as well as status updates
- Encryption of data in transit and at rest
- Customizable sidebar
- Available at iOS and Android mobile apps
Its free version offers chat feature. Additional features can be added with these three paid versions, which are as under:
- Free for small teams for an unlimited period of time
- Standard – $6.67/user/month (billed annually), $8/user/month if billed monthly
- Plus – $12.50/user/month (billed annually), $15/user/month if billed monthly
- Enterprise Grid – Request a quote
Asana is an ideal platform for task and project management without email. Asana incorporates all the components of project management, file storage, and collaboration. It offers Kanban board and list view; either assign cards (Kanban board) or assign tasks (list projects) to your team members. With Asana you can add attachments, sub-tasks, labels, descriptions and comments to your tasks, but it works well for smaller teams that are dealing with individual tasks or simple projects.
Key Features of Asana
- Offers both Kanban drag and drop system and list view as part of the project management tool
- Review milestones, define dependencies, and add deadlines to your tasks for multiple projects
- Offers a “Conversation” section to discuss the task
- It is available for Windows, Android, iPhone, iPad
- Asana is easy to use software with simple layout
- Offers a “Files” section that stores all your attachments for easy access
- Offers task assignment function by dividing tasks into sub tasks; assigning tasks to team members; organising tasks into projects for timelines
- Tracks team’s performance and get project updates
- It provides features like Timeline, Custom fields, Private teams and projects, Advanced search, etc for tracking team projects
- Simplifies workflows, minimises errors, and saves time
- Provides features like locking of custom fields, portfolios, workload, proofing, custom rules builder, etc.
- Provides functionalities like Data exporting and deletion, Custom branding, Blocking native integrations, Priority support, etc thus, ensuring security, control and support to enterprises
- Offers project dashboards to get a quick overview
- Activity feed for centralized updates on the workflow and team activities
- Task assignment, liking, My Tasks list, and Focus Mode
- Multiple workspaces for handling multiple teams in parallel
- View team members’ tasks and priorities
- Customized team calendars and views
- Email bridge
- Notifications and reminders
- iPhone support, HTML5 mobile site
- Meeting minutes
Asana has four pricing plans:
- Basic plan – Free plan for 30 days
- Premium – $13.49/monthly ($10.99/month if billed annually)
- Business – $30.49/monthly ($24.99/month if billed annually)
- Enterprise – Request a quote
Notion is a knowledge management and collaboration platform. It not only manages your tasks but also offers a unique office Wikis feature to detail your company’s ambience and rules, thus making new employees understand company workflows, notes on vacations, PTO, reimbursement and healthcare information.
Notion can be integrated with slack for a faster and streamlined communication
Key Features of Notion:
- Assists in discussing and planning projects
- Office Wikis feature to detail your company’s values.
- Manages customer relationships through the app’s CRM features.
- Kanban board and lists to manage your tasks and projects
- It is available for Windows, macOS, iPhone, iPad, Android, Chrome, Safari and Firefox extension
- Offers intelligent grouping and smart multi swiping
- Offers to do list and weekly planner
- Taking notes and file sharing
- Assembles best workflows for your team
- Serves as a shared whiteboard
- An all-in-one workspace for communication and collaboration
- Offers data management such as extensive sorting, classification and customization for spreadsheet
Notion offers three paid plans other than a free plan:
- Personal – Free
- Personal Pro – $4/monthly
- Team – $8 per member per month
- Enterprise – Request a quote
ClickUp is famous for team and project management software. This software organises assigned tasks in List, Board or Calendar view. It manages remote teams efficiently. ClickUp offers many essential features such as task management, project planning, project/time tracking, Grantt charts, collaboration, recurring tasks and more.
Key Features of ClickUp
- A great productivity and team management software
- ClickUp develops and shares company’s Wiki Pages and knowledge bases in Docs; tasks can be assigned straight from Docs; thus, ensuring team collaboration.
- Real-time chat to facilitate collaboration
- It is available for macOS, mac M1, Windows, Linux, iPhone, iPad, Android, Chrome extension, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, Outlook and Chrome email add-ons
- Plan projects with highly customisable views
- With ClickUp goals can be set for teams, along with timeline and measurable targets. These goals can be sub divided into folders and can be tracked from one place
- Provides feedback assignment feature
- Stylish work dashboard
- Ease of managing workflow across teams
- Track time with visual widgets
- Tag groups and individuals on tasks
- Simple task management list and collaboration tool
- Provides 24/7 real time support
ClickUp has four pricing plans other than a free plan:
- Free plan
- Unlimited – $5/member/month
- Business plan – $12/month
- Business plus plan – $19/month
- Custom enterprise plan – on quotation
Microsoft Teams is a popular team management platform. It is a user-friendly software that offers one platform for video calling i.e., VoIP. Its features like team meetings, screen sharing and a chat-based hub is very effective for teamwork and collaboration. Its daily users exceed 44 million and 19% workers used Microsoft in 2020.
Key Features of Microsoft Teams
- Integrates with all MS applications
- Global communication all-in-one platform for real time conversations such as videoconferencing, chat, team collaboration and other features
- User-friendly and easy to set-up
- Offers screen and file sharing
- Provides virtual white boards and customised backgrounds
- Microsoft integrates with Teams and its Office 365 stack
- Offers desktop apps for Mac, PC and Linux as well as web/mobile apps
- Meeting and session recordings
- Breakout rooms
- Unlimited group voice/video calls
- Join or host meetings from your desktop app, web app, or phone
- Video resolution of 1080p at 30fps
- Customer support
- Live captioning
- Allows backups, and file search
- Offers reporting and analytics
- Customer support 24/7
- Microsoft Team caps storage at 1 TB per organization and 10 GB per license.
Microsoft paid plans require annual subscription. Microsoft offers a 30 days trial on all paid plans. Microsoft Teams has three pricing plans other than a free plan:
- Microsoft Teams – Free plan
- Microsoft365 Business Basic – $5/month/user
- Microsoft365 Business Standard – $12.50/month/user
- Office 365 E3 – $20 per month per user
What can be the best team management software for your business depends on requirements and dynamics of your team. A good team management software will allow you to plan, collaborate, schedule, access/store data and track project progress effectively. Depending on nature of work and team size, you can use multiple software to enhance productivity. It is recommended to go for scalable and affordable plans; not just what suits your current requirements.
You need to consider investing in team management software when you team is growing in size, dealing with complex projects or you need to track business operations and team performance.
Team management software is not only helpful for the employers but also for the employees to streamline business operations.
You may like – Nware 17in Laptop