Planning a Krakow stag do can be a daunting task, but with a little preparation and some insider tips, you can create an unforgettable experience. Here's the ultimate guide to planning a Krakow stag do:
1. Choose the right time: The best time to visit Krakow for a stag do is during the warmer months, from May to September, when the city comes alive with outdoor events and festivals.
2. Book your accommodation in advance: To get the best deals and ensure availability, book your accommodation well in advance. Krakow has a range of options, from budget hostels to luxury hotels.
3. Plan your activities: There's plenty to see and do in Krakow, so plan your activities in advance to make the most of your time. Consider booking a guided tour of the city, a visit to the Wieliczka Salt Mine, or a trip to the Tatra Mountains.
4. Book your transportation: If you're arriving in Krakow by plane, book your transportation from the airport to your accommodation in advance. You can also rent a car or book a private driver for your stay.
5. Check out the nightlife: Krakow has a vibrant nightlife scene, with a range of bars, clubs, and pubs to choose from. Check out the Kazimierz district for a night out, or book a pub crawl to experience the best of Krakow's nightlife.
6. Try the local cuisine: Polish cuisine is hearty and delicious, so make sure to try some local dishes during your stay. Look out for pierogi (dumplings), bigos (cabbage stew), and kielbasa (sausage).
7. Get a local SIM card: To stay connected during your stay, consider getting a local SIM card for your phone. This will allow you to make calls, send texts, and use data without incurring expensive roaming charges.
8. Stay safe: Krakow is generally a safe city, but it's important to take precautions to avoid scams and pickpocketing. Keep your valuables secure, and be cautious when exchanging money or buying souvenirs.
9. Take advantage of group discounts: Many attractions and activities in Krakow offer discounts for larger groups, so make sure to check for group rates when booking.
10. Have fun: Most importantly, make sure to enjoy yourself! Krakow is a beautiful and fascinating city, and a stag do is the perfect opportunity to explore everything it has to offer.
11. Choose the right airport: Krakow has two airports, so make sure you choose the one that's most convenient for your travel plans. John Paul II International Airport is the main airport and is located about 11 kilometers from the city center. The other one is Katowice Pyrzowice and also Rzeszww- often flights there are cheaper, but you will need an extra hour to get to Krakow
12. Book activities in advance: Popular activities like shooting ranges and escape rooms can book up quickly, so make sure to book in advance to avoid disappointment. If you prefer to avoid stress of coordinating booking your Krakow stag do activities, you might want to look up for help from a professional stag do organiser, such as e.g.: PartyKrakow
13. Consider a day trip: If you have some extra time, consider taking a day trip from Krakow to nearby attractions like the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum or the Wawel Castle in nearby Wrocław.
14. Bring comfortable shoes: Krakow is a walkable city, so bring comfortable shoes for exploring the sights and attractions.
15. Get travel insurance: Travel insurance is always a good idea when traveling, especially on a stag do. Make sure to get insurance that covers activities like skiing or extreme sports if you plan to participate in those types of activities.
16. Plan for different budgets: Not everyone on the stag do may have the same budget, so plan activities and accommodations that can cater to different budgets.
17. Pack for the weather: Krakow can have fluctuating weather, so make sure to pack clothing for different temperatures and conditions.
18. Learn some basic Polish: Learning a few basic phrases in Polish can go a long way in making connections with locals and showing respect for their culture.
19. Try the local beer: Poland is known for its beer, so make sure to try some local brews during your stay.
20. Take advantage of free walking tours: Krakow has a number of free walking tours that can help you get acquainted with the city's history and culture. Don't miss out on this budget-friendly way to explore the city.