The iPhone 13 series is equipped with a cinematographic mode that allows you to shoot movies. Not only is the display beautiful, but it has reached the stage of completion as a smartphone. It would be convenient if you could watch DVD videos on such iPhone 13 as much as you want. In this article, let’s thoroughly explain how to capture DVD video on iPhone 13 series.
What is the iPhone 13 series?
The iPhone 13 series is a smartphone released by Apple Inc. in September 2021. Many things have evolved from the iPhone 12 series, which is all models. Let’s take a closer look at the features of the iPhone 13 series here.
The iPhone 13 series consists of five models: iPhone 13 MUJI, mini, Pro, and Pro Max. Each has different characteristics. Here, let’s introduce the features, including the differences from all models of iPhone 12.
“Characteristics of sharing all models (comparison from iPhone 12 series)“
- Notch with Face ID is 20% smaller than 12 series
- The sensor size of the camera has increased
- Increased display brightness
- Chip changed from A14 Bionic to A15 Bionic (performance improvement)
- Battery life extended by 1.5 to 2.5 hours compared to the iPhone 12 series
- Addition of cinematic mode and photograph style function
“Changes in iPhone 13 and mini“
- Sensor-type optical image stabilization function added to wide-angle camera
- Cameras are arranged diagonally as the sensor size increases
“Changes in iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max“
- Addition of “ProMotion” function that changes the frame rate from 10Hz to 120Hz
- Sensor-type optical image stabilization function added to the wide-angle camera of iPhone 13 Pro
- Added macro shooting function that allows you to approach up to 2 cm
- Supports shooting with Apple ProRes
Benefits of watching DVD videos on iPhone 13 series
The iPhone series is equipped with a high-quality organic EL display. You can enjoy videos with higher image quality than you can see on a normal monitor. The company’s AirPods series can also be used to create a cinema-like space at any time, making it the perfect media player for watching DVD videos.
There is no reason not to take advantage of the high image quality. However, please note that saving video data will put pressure on the data capacity. In particular, the iPhone series cannot easily increase the capacity of the main unit because micro SD etc. cannot be used.
How to save DVD video to iPhone 13 series
To watch DVD video on iPhone, you need to convert the DVD data to a video format that you can watch on iPhone, and you also need a tool that can convert the video. Here are some ways you can watch videos on your iPhone.
DVDFab DVD Ripper
DVDFab DVD Ripper is a paid software. In addition to ripping in a format compatible with iPhone, it also has a copy protection release function for commercial and rental DVDs. It can also handle DVDs that cannot be ripped with Handbrake. Also, DVDFab DVD Ripper is completely free to use all its features for 30 days. You can decide whether to purchase after using it up.
- Supports almost all DVD copy protection removal (RCE, UOPs, APS, RC, DADC, Disney’s Fake, etc.)
- DVD video and audio can be extracted with lossless quality
- Supports output in a format compatible with iPhone
- Supports over 1,000 video and audio formats
- Fast encoding with GPU acceleration
How to get DVD to iPhone with DVDFab DVD Ripper
Step1: Install “DVDFab” from the official website in advance.
After launching DVDFab, click “Rip”, insert the DVD into your DVD drive, and click “Add” to specify the DVD.
Step2: When the video is loaded, specify the output format and make detailed settings according to the situation. Specify MP4 to read on iPhone.
* There is also a video editing function, but if you just want to import the video to your iPhone, you only need to specify the format and make detailed settings.
Step3: After specifying the format, specify “Output destination” at the bottom left of the screen and click “Start” at the bottom right of the screen.
When the encoding starts, wait for a while until it finishes. Since the encoding time varies depending on the specifications of the PC, we recommend using a high-performance PC as much as possible.
After ripping the video, move the ripped video to your iPhone and see if it can be played.
Precautions when importing DVD to iPhone
The iPhone series supports M4V / MP4 / Mov and Qt format video playback. However, if you want to play other formats, you will need another app. Basically, let’s encode in MP4 format.
Also, depending on the tool used, there is a problem that even the same MP4 cannot be played. It’s safer to use paid tools than free tools.