Earrings are jewelry accessories that make a fashion statement when worn. Throughout history, earrings have been a form of principal jewelry decorating the ears. Traditionally in many cultures earrings were worn to mark cultural or tribal identity but also as a symbol of beauty and continue to do so even today.
Earrings are an important part of every woman’s wardrobe as they help to complete their looks. earrings are available in assorted designs, shapes, and materials. The most common materials used to make this piece of jewelry include gemstones, silver, diamond, gold, wood, pearls, beads, and precious stones.
It is so amazing what a pair of elegant earrings can do to an entire outfit. Whether for a formal or informal event, earrings can be worn to enhance your look.
Types Of Earrings You Can Find in a Jewelry Store.
If you walk into any jewelry store you can find any style of earrings you desire. With so many different types of earrings available, you can have different types for different occasions.
1. Hoop earrings.
The hoop earring is a type of earring that loops the ears from the front to the back. It creates a circular shape hence the name hoop and they can be large or small in size. Hoop earrings can be simple or elegant engraved with gold, diamonds, or other precious stones.
2. Stud earrings.
These are the most common types of earrings you will find. They rest on the earlobe and are simple pieces of jewelry with different designs and engraved with different types of gemstones
3. Chandelier earrings.
Chandelier earrings are a type of earrings that drop and are usually long and complex in shape. Because of their luxurious make, chandelier earrings are often worn during special occasions such as weddings.
4. Drop earrings.
Drop earrings have a similarity to chandelier earrings but they are of simple design and are for less formal occasions.
5. Huggie earrings.
These are a mini version of the hoop earrings. They are usually small and thick and made of precious stones engraved on them
6. Clip-on earrings.
Clip-on earrings are the non-piercing type that people who have not pierced their ears can wear.
If you want to upgrade your earring collection visit https://www.skjewellery.com/product-category/earrings/ and check out their wide array of elegant earrings.
To make your earrings stay in good condition many jewelry stores offer the following services:
- Professional cleaning: Professional cleaning of your earrings helps in removing discoloration from your jewelry. It ensures your piece of earrings stays in good condition.
- Repair: Repair services are offered in the event your piece of jewelry gets destroyed or damaged, they repair it.
- Restoration: In the event, your piece of earrings has lost its lustre a deep cleaning procedure will be done to restore its shine.
- Engraving: Many people like to personalize their jewelry which gives them sentimental value. The jewelry can be engraved with your name or anything you wish.
- Resizing: Many stores offer resizing services for jewelry to be of perfect fit to you.