Do you ever crave calling friends over but feel your house in Olympia isn’t ‘prepared’ for guests? Perhaps at some point, you felt your home was ‘well-put together,’ but now, it feels stale.
You’ve tossed the couch cushions one too many times. The ottoman is frayed, and the décor dated. As a result, you might ask yourself, ‘Why can’t my house be more comfortable and inviting?’
After all, the comfort of the space you live in significantly influences your mental health and emotions. Studies show that the color you use on your walls can impact your energy levels.
Not just that, a comfortable home allows you to relax and stress to drain away.
But how can you make your house in Olympia feel more comfortable? Putting together a house that leaves visitors comfortable from the minute they walk inside the door is much simpler than it sounds.
Perhaps, you can install an awning in the outdoor space, making your house more comfortable during hot days in Olympia.
Still unsure how to make your house feel more comfortable? Here are some ways to make your home welcoming.
- Eliminate Clutter in Your Home
Nobody wants to push aside random household clutter to sit on a table or a couch.
It’s a hassle for the people living there and certainly not attractive to visitors. Hence, eliminate clutter from your house. After all, clutter can impact your sleep and anxiety levels, making it vital to reduce clutter.
Hence, consider setting a time in a week to go through your things and store things you don’t need at the moment. But what if you’re struggling to find places to store them in your house? This is where Olympia storage units can come in handy, helping you keep your belongings secure and safe.
These storage units allow you to come whenever necessary and frequently for your things.
All you need is a password to access the facility door anytime you want! Moreover, these storage units are alarmed and supervised by monitoring services, ensuring your belongings are safe.
- Create an Outdoor Hangout Place
You might have heard that creating an outdoor hangout area can make your house feel more welcoming and comfortable. But how can you turn your outdoor space into a hangout spot?
Here are some ideas for creating an outdoor living space:
- Look for quality seating: High-quality seating makes all the difference in building an outdoor living space. Whether you want your outdoor space to be used as an outdoor living room or a dining place, your seating must be comfortable.
- Create some privacy: Unless you live far away from your closet neighbor, creating a barrier for your outdoor space is necessary. It helps you absorb noise and feels like you’re in your private haven.
- Don’t forget the accessories: When creating an outdoor hangout spot, it’s crucial to incorporate accessories and décor. Remember, be creative when it comes to picking accessories.
- Prepare for temperature changes: Think about both ends of the temperature scale. You can get a fire pit, outdoor heater, or outdoor fireplace for cold nights. In comparison, you can add a ceiling fan for hot days.
- Hang Unique Mirrors
Is a mirror essential in a room? The answer is yes! A well-positioned mirror helps you make the room look bigger. Not just that, adding a mirror reflects the room’s natural light, making your room look brighter.
Hanging a mirror also allows you to instantly hide all the flaws and imperfections of the wall. Besides that, mirrors can also make a statement, helping your house look more elegant.
So, what are the best places to hang mirrors in your house? Some of the best places include:
- Bedroom: Remember, a full-length mirror is a must for every bedroom! Additionally, if you have a large wall, you can hang it there.
- Bathroom: Consider adding a mirror with a magnifying side hanging from the wall. If you have space, you can hang a wall-hanging mirror with an adjustable arm. On the other hand, if there isn’t enough space in your bathroom, consider hanging a framed mirror.
- Near the entryway: It’s great to have a beautiful mirror hanging near your front door.
- Over a Fireplace: A mirror fitted over a fireplace can add warmth to a room.
- Update Your Flooring
One of the most incredible ways to make your house more welcoming and comfortable is to change your flooring. Whether your taste has changed over a couple of years or your old flooring is from another era, change your flooring to give your house a new look.
Changing your flooring allows you to make your room look larger and brighter. Not just that, a new floor that is simple to clean can save you hours of cleaning.
Additionally, the better your flooring is, the more attractive your house looks, boosting its value drastically.
Not sure which flooring is best for your house? Hardwood flooring's quality and versatility make it a popular flooring choice.
Popular hardwood varieties consist of oak, walnut, and maple. Besides that, you can consider using vinyl flooring as it's water-resistant and won't tolerate damage even if the water sits on the surface for a long time.
- Invest in Window Treatments
Window treatments are more essential than you think! They add sophistication and charm to your house. In fact, the right window treatments can bring a room together.
Not just that, window treatments can influence things like the quality of sleep you get at night, the lifespan of your things, and even the amount of your energy bills.
But which window treatment should you install in your house? Some of the best window treatment ideas include:
- Blackout curtains: These curtains provide the best light-blocking power. They are usually made of an embellished fabric lined with a new heavy fabric that prevents light and also protects a room against cold and heat coming from the window.
- Sheer panels: This window treatment is a curtain made of light and semi-transparent material. It provides some privacy and scatters some light.
- Vertical window blinds: These blinds are usually seen on tall windows and sliding doors. They’re not very attractive, but they prevent light from entering the room.
If you’re confused about how to make your house feel cozier and inviting, check out this article. One of the best ways to make your home feel comfortable is to reduce clutter. Besides that, you can create an outdoor living space and install window treatments, helping you create a unique yet comfortable home.