Quickbooks has indeed proven its worth over the years in the market. It has also improved over the years and fixed the issues that most users used to encounter while using the previous version of the application. Besides all these efforts, users can still face some technical glitches while using the application. One of the very common technical glitches is when Quickbooks is not able to open on your system. This usually happens when you do not install the application properly on the system. In this article, we have explained how to fix Quickbooks not opening issues. Also, know why you face the issue and how to identify the same.
Causes of Quickbooks Does Not open Issue
When it comes to the reasons behind the Quickbooks not opening issue, there are not many reasons. Below we have listed all the reasons for which you can face the Quickbooks not opening issue.
- The very common reason is that the hard disk of the system is damaged or corrupted.
- In case the name of your company file is longer than needed.
- The version of the Windows operating system is outdated on the system.
- You may have installed the Quickbooks application incorrectly.
- Next, there are chances that the QBUSER.Ini file is missing from the system.
How to Identify Quickbooks Doesn’t Start Issue
If you want to identify the Quickbooks not opening issue, you will have to check the symptoms of the error below.
- The very common sign of the issue is the Quickbooks application starts freezing randomly or while carrying out a particular task.
- Next, there are chances that the Windows operating system may run slowly.
- Your system starts responding to the user inputs sluggishly.
- Also, your system starts to hang frequently.
- You will not be able to start the Quickbooks application.
What All You Need to Do Before Proceeding
Now that you proceed with resolving Quickbooks won’t open error , here is a list of some preliminary steps that you need to carry out. When done, proceed with the advanced solutions.
- First, you will have to make sure to update the Quickbooks application to the latest version.
- Next, you will have to make sure that you are using the Quickbooks application in the single-user mode. If hosting is On, you need to turn it off.
- Also, make sure to suppress the application.
- When done, you will have to make sure to change the name of the concerned ND and TLG file.
- In the end, you must fix the installation of the Quickbooks desktop.
Advanced Methods to Resolve Quickbooks Does Not Start Issue
So, now that you are aware of the reasons, symptoms of the Quickbooks do not start the issue; proceed with resolving the issue with these advanced fixes.
Start With Using Quickbooks Tool Hub
Quickbooks tool hub can help you to get rid of almost all the Quickbooks errors. It offers you different tools that you can use to fix different error types. To fix the Quickbooks won’t open issue, you can also use the Quickbooks tool hub. Here are all the steps mentioned below.
Download the Tool Hub
- Now, the very first thing is to open the official Quickbooks website on the system. You will then have to download the latest version of the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- Next, you will have to save the Quickbookstoolhub.exe file on the desktop.
- You will now have to click on the exe file and then open the installation window.
- Now, agree to all the terms and conditions and then choose Next to proceed with the installation.
- After this, follow all the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When it will complete, you need to start the tool on the system.
Start Quick Fix My Program
- Now, in the tool hub window, you will have to choose the option for program problems.
- Next, you will have to click on click on the quick fix my program.
- You will now have to wait till the tool detects and fix the issue.
- When done, you will have to start the Quickbooks application on the system.
Start Quickbooks Diagnostic Tool
- To start with, you will have to hover to the installation issues tab.
- Under this, choose the option for Quickbooks install diagnostic tool on the system.
- Run the tool on the system.
- Now, wait for the tool to complete the scan. This may take up to 20 minutes.
- When done, you will have to start the system again and then start the Quickbooks application.
Changing QBWUSER.ini File’s Name
Now, you may also face the issue when the name of the ini file is not correct or it is corrupted. So, renaming the file can fix the issue to a certain point. Check out the steps mentioned below.
- First, go to the folder on which the Quickbooks files are present.
- Now, look for the ini file and then right-click on the file.
- From the menu, choose rename option.
- Rename the file by adding old at the end of the name of the file.
- Save the changes made and then start Quickbooks again.
This is how you can get rid of the Quickbooks won’t open issue using the Quickbooks tool hub. We have tried explaining the full process to you in detail. I hope, this helped you.